Saturday 18 July 2015

Light fantastic


For us a barbi usually means camping. Not this time, the setting was Maison Talbooth an uber-posh place in the lovely corner of the Suffolk/Essex border.



They have the lushest dense lawn, looks just like carpet. Me and my shadow are showing off Butterick Retro 5603, which I made around April and have worn lots. I would recommend this for a beginner, and because it can be made with 3 yards of 44" wide fabric it's not an expensive affair.




The fabric is an exuberant summery number, quite a girly print, it's a cheapish cotton lawn from Goldhawk Road. It was about £15 for 3 metres.


And a petticoat of course.




Constable Country is another name for the Dedham Vale AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty). East Anglia has three AONBs and this is the smallest and only one that isn't coastal. It's only seven miles from our door in Colchester, and but it's another world.





The food was as splendid as the setting. In typical English style the evening turned chilly, so the men had their coats on and the girls huddled by the giant heaters.



I starved all day then ate paella, steak and a ton of salads. By the end I could hardly bend to sit down. Ah well, that's greed for you.

This year has been quite busy making wise so I am not short of new outfits to parade around in. Hurray for summer I say.




5 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and what a stunning setting for your meal.

    I wish my lawn was in such a good condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit and lovely photos, what a fabulous lawn! Love the horseradish error, that's the sort of thing I do! Can't wait to see your other makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one heck of a beautiufl outfit and the fabric is divine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is stunning, I do adore that colourful print.
    Your meal sounds pretty wonderful too - I like a bit of horseradish, proves we Brits have some fire in our cuisine after all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a truly incredible fabric! I am head-over-heels in love with its detailed, gorgeous pattern and think you've put it to work sublimely well in this super pretty frock.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete